Re: [BEHAVE] [rtcweb] FW: New Version Notification for draft-chenxin-behave-turn-websocket-00.txt

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com> Thu, 16 May 2013 08:28 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Bernard Aboba <bernard_aboba@hotmail.com>, "Chenxin (Xin)" <hangzhou.chenxin@huawei.com>, "behave@ietf.org" <behave@ietf.org>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 08:28:03 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.29.42.225]
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] [rtcweb] FW: New Version Notification for draft-chenxin-behave-turn-websocket-00.txt

I agree with Bernard's comments regarding the impact of DPI but of course such DPI devices do what they do and we can't and even don't want to stop them from doing it. However for the case when policy is such that the firewall will only allow traffic to traverse that comes from the HTTP Proxy or a network specific TURN server and there is no deliberate policy to block WebRTC media we need a solution and this is what draft-hutton-rtcweb-nat-firewall-considerations-00 addresses.

So far I don't see the benefit that TURN over websockets would have in this scenario and it needs additional implementation in the browser and the TURN server.

Regards
Andy