Re: [BEHAVE] Home NAPT44 - How many ports?

kaname nishizuka <kaname@nttv6.jp> Wed, 05 June 2013 18:16 UTC

Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 03:15:57 +0900
From: kaname nishizuka <kaname@nttv6.jp>
To: "Reinaldo Penno (repenno)" <repenno@cisco.com>
Cc: "v6ops@ietf.org" <v6ops@ietf.org>, "behave@ietf.org" <behave@ietf.org>, "Poscic, Kristian (Kristian)" <kristian.poscic@alcatel-lucent.com>, "Softwires-wg list (softwires@ietf.org)" <softwires@ietf.org>, "Erik Kline (ek@google.com)" <ek@google.com>, "Rajiv Asati (rajiva)" <rajiva@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] Home NAPT44 - How many ports?

With regard to the DNS packets, shortening the time-out of NAT table is
another good solution.

In larger environment, we tested that when the time-out of DNS was
shortened to 3sec, the impact of such DNS requests was much smaller than
TCP sessions.
3 sec is sufficient  round-trip time in general situation.
I don't think it's necessary to place a recursive DNS server inside the CGN.

Though there are differences between Home NAPT44 and CGN, it will work
well in both case.
That is because there are many devices in home and those seldom access
the web site within a short time simultaneously.

regards,
--
kaname