Re: [BEHAVE] [rtcweb] New Version Notification for draft-chenxin-behave-turn-websocket-00.txt

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com> Mon, 20 May 2013 11:06 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Lorenzo Miniero <lorenzo@meetecho.com>, Gustavo García <ggb@tokbox.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 11:06:35 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.29.42.225]
Cc: "behave@ietf.org" <behave@ietf.org>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] [rtcweb] New Version Notification for draft-chenxin-behave-turn-websocket-00.txt

Regarding the HTTP fallback and whether this could be adapted to be a TURN over HTTP based solution then I think the same comments that were made on the TURN over websockets apply. What are the benefits of creating a new transport for TURN over what we can do using HTTP Connect as described in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hutton-rtcweb-nat-firewall-considerations-00.

Having said that I am really happy we are having this debate as we really need to find a solution here that the browser vendors will implement so I would really like to know which options they prefer.

I really hope we can get draft-hutton-rtcweb-nat-firewall-considerations adopted and use it to document whatever the working group agrees on being the right solution.

Regards
Andy