[bess] New Liaison Statement, "Review and Comment on TR-350 Issue 2 - Ethernet Services using BGP MPLS Based Ethernet VPNs (EVPN) – ELINE and ETREE"

Liaison Statement Management Tool <lsmt@ietf.org> Tue, 08 August 2017 17:31 UTC

From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <lsmt@ietf.org>
To: Alvaro Retana <aretana@cisco.com>, Deborah Brungard <db3546@att.com>, George Swallow <swallow.ietf@gmail.com>, Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>, Martin Vigoureux <martin.vigoureux@alcatel-lucent.com>, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, Thomas Morin <thomas.morin@orange.com>, Nicolai Leymann <n.leymann@telekom.de>
Cc: Alvaro Retana <aretana@cisco.com>, Deborah Brungard <db3546@att.com>, Multiprotocol Label Switching Discussion List <mpls@ietf.org>, David Sinicrope <david.sinicrope@ericsson.com>, david.sinicrope@ericsson.com, Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>, BGP Enabled ServiceS Discussion List <bess@ietf.org>, Martin Vigoureux <martin.vigoureux@nokia.com>, The IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>, George Swallow <swallow.ietf@gmail.com>, Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>, Thomas Morin <thomas.morin@orange.com>, rmersh@broadband-forum.org, Nicolai Leymann <n.leymann@telekom.de>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 10:31:30 -0700
Subject: [bess] New Liaison Statement, "Review and Comment on TR-350 Issue 2 - Ethernet Services using BGP MPLS Based Ethernet VPNs (EVPN) – ELINE and ETREE"

Title: Review and Comment on TR-350 Issue 2 - Ethernet Services using BGP MPLS Based Ethernet VPNs (EVPN) – ELINE and ETREE
Submission Date: 2017-08-08
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1540/
Please reply by 2017-09-06
From: Michael Fargano <michael.fargano@centurylink.com>
To: Martin Vigoureux <martin.vigoureux@alcatel-lucent.com>, Thomas Morin <thomas.morin@orange.com>,Nicolai Leymann <n.leymann@telekom.de>,Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>,George Swallow <swallow.ietf@gmail.com>,Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>,Alvaro Retana <aretana@cisco.com>,Deborah Brungard <db3546@att.com>
Cc: Alvaro Retana <aretana@cisco.com>,Deborah Brungard <db3546@att.com>,Multiprotocol Label Switching Discussion List <mpls@ietf.org>,David Sinicrope <david.sinicrope@ericsson.com>,Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>,BGP Enabled ServiceS Discussion List <bess@ietf.org>,Martin Vigoureux <martin.vigoureux@nokia.com>,The IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>,George Swallow <swallow.ietf@gmail.com>,Loa Andersson <loa@pi.nu>,Thomas Morin <thomas.morin@orange.com>,Nicolai Leymann <n.leymann@telekom.de>,rmersh@broadband-forum.org
Response Contacts: david.sinicrope@ericsson.com
Technical Contacts:
Purpose: For comment

Body: Dear Colleagues,

In November 2015, the BBF published TR-350 - Ethernet Services using BGP MPLS Based Ethernet VPNs (EVPN) which covered architecture and equipment requirements for implementation of ELAN service types using the EVPN technology.

Also in November 2015, the BBF started working the second phase of the TR-350 work adding ELINE and ETREE service types to this important specification. The work has progress through 2016 and early 2017 and has entered the beginning of the Broadband Forum approval process. During this phase we would greatly appreciate your review and comments.

To consider your comments during our 3Q2017 meeting we would need to receive them by 6 September 2017. Comments received after 6 September will be considered during our 4Q2017 meeting in December 2017.

We look forward to working with you and we would like to thank you for your timely consideration and response.

Sincerely,
Michael Fargano,
Broadband Forum Technical Committee Chair

CC:
Robin Mersh, Broadband Forum CEO <rmersh@broadband-forum.org>
Attachments:

    WT-350i2SBLiaison.approved
    https://www.ietf.org/lib/dt/documents/LIAISON/liaison-2017-08-08-broadband-forum-mpls-rtg-bess-review-and-comment-on-tr-350-issue-2-ethernet-services-using-bgp-mpls-based-ethernet-vpns-evpn-eline-and-etre-attachment-1.pdf

    WT-350i2ELineETree.SBText-Sinicrope-RnTAD
    https://www.ietf.org/lib/dt/documents/LIAISON/liaison-2017-08-08-broadband-forum-mpls-rtg-bess-review-and-comment-on-tr-350-issue-2-ethernet-services-using-bgp-mpls-based-ethernet-vpns-evpn-eline-and-etre-attachment-2.pdf