Re: [bess] [BESS] Discussions about DF-election FSM.

<wang.yubao2@zte.com.cn> Mon, 15 April 2019 01:36 UTC

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 09:36:48 +0800
From: wang.yubao2@zte.com.cn
To: jorge.rabadan@nokia.com
Cc: bess@ietf.org, sajassi@cisco.com, jdrake@juniper.net
Subject: Re: [bess] [BESS] Discussions about DF-election FSM.

I agree with you with that it is literally clear in RFC7432.

So the DF timer in RFC7432 and draft-ietf-bess-evpn-df-election-framework is the same timer,

And it's only used to collect the remote routes for the same ES (but delay the usage of them) ,

So the timer is not used in the following usecase:

1)the ES goes down on PE1, but the PE1 node itself works well.

2)so the remote routes(assumed that they are from PE2,PE3) for the same ES need not to be collected again.

3)PE1 advertises the ES route immediately after the ES_UP event.

4)So PE1 makes PE2 and PE3 to re-elect a new DF for VLAN x, and the new DF may be PE1 itself.

5)But PE1 doesn't take itself as the new DF of VLAN x. so the VLAN x doesn't has a DF untill the DF_TIMER event.

But I think it will be better to use a timer in above usecase to delay the advertisment of ES route after ES_UP event.

Now I think may be they are different timers.

If they are different timers I think it should be clearly described

  that the RFC7432 DF timer is used only on the first ES UP (the ES UP on PE UP),

  not used on the ordinary ES_UP (the ES UP after first ES UP).

I think the first ES UP is not quite the same as the ordinary ES UP.

May be they have different requirements on the DF election FSM.

Thx

Bob

原始邮件