[bess] Discussion on various NH encoding

<stephane.litkowski@orange.com> Fri, 28 June 2019 08:40 UTC

From: <stephane.litkowski@orange.com>
To: "bess@ietf.org" <bess@ietf.org>
CC: "bess-chairs@ietf.org" <bess-chairs@ietf.org>, "martin.vigoureux@nokia.com" <martin.vigoureux@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:40:20 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.114.13.245]
Subject: [bess] Discussion on various NH encoding

Hi WG,

(Speaking as co-chair)

The current discussion on the NH encodings in our AFI/SAFIs requires some particular attention.
We would like to take the opportunity of the next IETF to discuss the subject face to face.

In the meantime, we are looking for few volunteers who will:

-          Do an inventory of what do we have in our specifications: which AFI/SAFI, which NH encoding rules

-          Identify inconsistencies (if any) or assess if it hurts or not (theoretically)

-          What is implemented or is there some known implementation issues

-          Present and drive the discussion at next IETF

Based on this, we will see if there is something to do or not.
Timing is short before next IETF, however the more material we have, the better the discussion will be.

Who wants to help on this ?

Brgds,

Stephane & Matthew

Thank you.