[bess] Terry Manderson's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-04: (with COMMENT)

"Terry Manderson" <terry.manderson@icann.org> Wed, 16 December 2015 04:29 UTC

From: Terry Manderson <terry.manderson@icann.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 20:29:58 -0800
Cc: aretana@cisco.com, bess-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet@ietf.org, martin.vigoureux@alcatel-lucent.com, bess@ietf.org
Subject: [bess] Terry Manderson's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-04: (with COMMENT)

Terry Manderson has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-04: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet/

COMMENT:

This is a comprehensive document. Kudos for writing it. However, is there
a WG rationale as to why this document is structured as it is? It struck
me when reading it there are 4  distinct books here on the various
aspects of extranet multicast VPNs. Being: Overview and overlap/ambiguity
w/prevention, Transmission models, Route distribution and communities
(where the IANA req for the 2 communities ,ight live), and Control Plane
concerns. Would that make it easier to implementers to comprehend? I
don't agree with the document shepherd in that "I found the document
(relatively) not hard to follow,  if you read it end-to-end" - for me it
made review a marathon. That said, I'm not the style police, so balloting
no objection.

I only saw one typo along the way ie VRFS instead of VRFs (page 9 second
para)