BGP-4 to Full Standard

Yakov Rekhter <yakov@cisco.com> Wed, 25 October 1995 15:53 UTC

To: bgp@ans.net
Subject: BGP-4 to Full Standard
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 08:18:04 -0700
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Yakov Rekhter <yakov@cisco.com>

Folks,

At the IDR WG meeting during the 32 IETF meeting (April 95) we reached a consensus
on advancing BGP-4 to a Full Standard.

Now that we have all the necessary documents ready, I'd like to get the last call
within the WG before formalling asking the IESG to advance BGP-4 to a Full Standard.

Here is the list of relevant Internet Drafts:

1. draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-01.txt (protocol spec)
2. draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-stdreport1-00.txt (the first report required for a Full Standard)
3. draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-op-experience-00.txt (the second report required for a Full Standard)

As part of moving BGP-4 to a Full Standard, RFC1772 ("Application of BGP in the Internet")
will be republished as a Full Standard.

If we wouldn't hear any objections within the next two weeks (by Nov 8), I'll send
a note to the IESG asking for advancing the protocol to a Full Standard.

Yakov.