Re: [Bier] Comments on draft-ietf-bier-bier-yang

<zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn> Mon, 15 April 2019 06:31 UTC

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 14:30:49 +0800
From: zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn
To: senthil.dhanaraj.ietf@gmail.com
Cc: xiejingrong@huawei.com, chen.ran@zte.com.cn, bier@ietf.org, draft-ietf-bier-bier-yang@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Bier] Comments on draft-ietf-bier-bier-yang

Hi Senthil, Jingrong,

Thank you for your review and comments.

I agree with your modification comments about the address-family.

About the encapsulation part:

   |        +--rw encapsulation* [bitstringlength]

   |           +--rw bitstringlength               uint16

   |           +--rw encapsulation-type            enum

   |           +--rw max-si?                       rt-type: uint16

   |           +--rw bift-id-base?                 rt-types: bift-id

Do you think if it's better to use both BSL and encapsulation-type as the keys?

About the load-balance-num, IMO it's not necessary to define it in BIER.

BIER ECMP depends on IGP's ECMP capability. And as Jingrong said, there may be different ECMP path number in different routers.

So at most a ECMP enable capability can be showed in BIER model (sub-domain), it's not necessary to define the specific number.

Thanks,

Sandy

原始邮件