Re: [Bier] Comments on Montreal IETF 105 BIER Agenda

Xiejingrong <xiejingrong@huawei.com> Mon, 22 July 2019 21:36 UTC

From: Xiejingrong <xiejingrong@huawei.com>
To: Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>, Greg Shepherd <gjshep@gmail.com>
CC: BIER WG <bier@ietf.org>, "bier-ads@ietf.org" <bier-ads@ietf.org>, "bier-chairs@ietf.org" <bier-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 21:36:05 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.124.94.223]
Subject: Re: [Bier] Comments on Montreal IETF 105 BIER Agenda

Thanks Alia very much for the explanation! That's what I understand about "natively" word too.

to Greg:
The fact that draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements is an adopted WG document should be confirmation that this work is being seriously fconsidered by the WG regardless of current charter interpretation, just as I've outlined in email here more than once.
[XJR] That's good!
I apologize if I misunderstand the "the WG has decided that modifying the v6 header to encode BIER is no longer native v6".
We should have agreed on the work and drafts, regardless of the "native" interpretation.
And there is no concerns "If these solutions are out of scope of our charter" for me now.
Thanks for the carification.

Seems the only remaining concern is the pace of the IETF WG process.
[XJR] I have no objection to the pace of WG that the chairs think the best.
So I clear the comments on the agenda now.
I would like to discuss only if room decides based on the requirements draft.

Thanks
Jingrong