Re: [Bier] Shepherd’s review of draft-ietf-bier-bgp-ls-bier-ext-07

zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn Tue, 20 October 2020 02:54 UTC

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 10:54:13 +0800
From: zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn
To: hayabusagsm@gmail.com
Cc: bier@ietf.org, bier-chairs@ietf.org, draft-ietf-bier-bgp-ls-bier-ext@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Bier] Shepherd’s review of draft-ietf-bier-bgp-ls-bier-ext-07

Hi Gyan,

thank you very much for your comments!

As co-author of this draft, I'd like to answer your question.

This BGP-LS extension is used for information collection in a BIER domain.

It may be used for inter-AS BGP peering, but it mainly is used in a domain.

According to RFC7752, the base usage of BGP-LS, is the domain information collection done by BGP-LS, so it with BIER as well.

The controller can get the BFR-id and other BIER relative information through this extension.

Best regards,

Sandy

原始邮件