Subject: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 17:57:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM Signaling Through BIER Core
        Authors         : Hooman Bidgoli
                          Fengman Xu
                          Jayant Kotalwar
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Mankamana Mishra
                          Zhaohui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling-12.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2021-07-25

Abstract:
   Consider large networks deploying traditional PIM multicast service.
   Typically, each portion of these large networks have their own
   mandates and requirements.  It might be desirable to deploy BIER
   technology in some part of these networks to replace traditional PIM
   services.  In such cases downstream PIM states need to be signaled
   over the BIER Domain toward the source.

   This draft specifies the procedure to signal PIM join/prune messages
   through a BIER Domain, as such enabling the provisioning of
   traditional PIM services through a BIER Domain.  These procedures are
   valid for forwarding PIM join/prune messages to the Source (SSM) or
   Rendezvous Point (ASM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-pim-signaling-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/