Re: Autonomous System Sanity Protocol

Tim Bass <bass@linux.silkroad.com> Wed, 30 April 1997 14:12 UTC

From: Tim Bass <bass@linux.silkroad.com>
Subject: Re: Autonomous System Sanity Protocol
To: Noel Chiappa <jnc@ginger.lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:52:04 -0400
Cc: jnc@ginger.lcs.mit.edu, tli@jnx.com, RADIA_PERLMAN@novell.com, big-internet@munnari.oz.au

Noel> (and predecessors) doing something that I just *knew* was technically
Noel> ill-advised, (e.g. IPv6), but I've come to understand that it doesn't do any
Noel> good to bang my head on the wall, or get upset about it. It doesn't do anyone
Noel> any good, least of all me. I just have to be patient and wait.

Just a suggestion, Noel.  The world would greatly benefit by a very
detailed technical book written by you (and others) .  A book
that completely documents your  knowledge base.  IMHO., you could move on
to the 'next level' of the issue; and the 'world' would have a chance
to catch up.  Then your 'head banging' could be transformed
into 'key banging'..... explaining to the more pedestrian engineers
the nuts and bolts of your intellect.

My guess is (apologies for the tacit barb) ... if Einstein could
convince the world the value of relativity physics, then is it
possible to move beyond 'banging heads' on scalable routing
on a global scale.

Best Regards,

Tim