Re: Strange Attractors in Network Flows

Matthew James Marnell <marnellm@portia.portia.com> Mon, 29 July 1996 17:01 UTC

To: big-internet@munnari.oz.au
Subject: Re: Strange Attractors in Network Flows
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:37:15 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@ietf.org
From: Matthew James Marnell <marnellm@portia.portia.com>

While we're on the subject of papers and Internet modeling:

Somewhere between '90 and '92 while my mother was going back
to school for her Masters in Psychyology, she was writing
a paper for an Abnormal Psychology class.  She came across
a reference to the Internet, that said that, in time of
stress, certain features of the 'Net exhibited the brainwave
patterns of a schizophrenic, or something to that effect.

At the time, I was interested, but not interested enough to
look into it further.  Now I wish I had.  If anyone knows of
a pointer to this work, I'd like it.  Mr. Bass may also be
interested in it as well.

Matt