Re: [BLISS] call-completion issue 2004: Failure codes for CC SUBSCRIBE

<R.Jesske@telekom.de> Tue, 20 July 2010 08:13 UTC

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:13:59 +0200
From: R.Jesske@telekom.de
To: dworley@avaya.com, bliss@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [BLISS] call-completion issue 2004: Failure codes for CC SUBSCRIBE

Hi all,
We propose the following text under 7.2, 4th paragraph.

Old text:
The continuation of the caller's agent's subscription indicates that the caller's agent is prepared to initiate the CC call when it is selected by the callee's monitor. If the callee's monitor becomes aware that, according to its policy, the original call referenced by a subscription will never be selected for call-completion, it SHOULD terminate the subscription and respond to any attempt to start a new subscription for that original call with 404.

New proposed Text:
The continuation of the caller's agent's subscription indicates that the caller's agent is prepared to initiate the CC call when it is selected by the callee's monitor. If the callee's monitor cannot identify the AOR indicated by the SUBSCRIBE request as one of the AORs managed by the monitor, it SHOULD terminate the subscription and respond to any attempt to start a new subscription for that original call with 404.

We think that 404 under such circumstances is the correct response. Meaning the entity does not find a addressed AOR.

Views?

Best Regards

Roland and Martin