Re: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-b2b-frame-00.txt

"MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <acm@research.att.com> Thu, 04 July 2019 18:09 UTC

From: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <acm@research.att.com>
To: "Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)" <vrpolak@cisco.com>
CC: "bmwg@ietf.org" <bmwg@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 18:08:07 +0000
x-originating-ip: [69.141.203.172]
Subject: Re: [bmwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-b2b-frame-00.txt

Hi Vratko,

Thanks for your comments, both narrow and general,
and not too late - we are not pouring concrete yet!

There is some overlap with Maciek's points,
and I've just submitted a draft to address his comments.

I will try to push another change before the
deadline, but can't promise that ... I need some
time to think about the suspended processor scenario, too.
It seems somehow related to one of Yoshiaki-san's
experiments and suggested methods (in slides, discussed
last year, should be in our meeting proceedings with
discussion on the list - IIRC Yoshiaki was pausing
ports instead of the processor).

We have experimental evaluation of the existing methods
in the draft, and maybe some people interested in trying new
approaches?

regards,
Al
(as a participant)