[bmwg] Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-08

Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@gmail.com> Mon, 16 April 2018 12:41 UTC

From: Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@gmail.com>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Cc: ietf@ietf.org, bmwg@ietf.org, draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth.all@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 05:41:20 -0700
Subject: [bmwg] Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-08

Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-bmwg-sdn-controller-benchmark-meth-08
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review Date: 2018-04-16
IETF LC End Date: 2018-02-02
IESG Telechat date: 2018-04-19

This is a well written comprehensive test set for SDN controllers. Two minor
points remain from my previous review that I would draft to the attention of
the responsible AD.

Major issues: None

Minor issues:

I found the large amount of text on Openflow that appears out of the blue in
the appendix somewhat strange since the test suit is controller protocol
agnostic. I understand that this is included by way of illustrative example. It
might be useful to the reader to make a statement to this effect.

Nits/editorial comments:

   The test traffic
   generators TP1 and TP2 SHOULD be connected to the first and the last
   leaf Network Device.

SB> I am sure I know what does first and last mean, but the meaning should be
called out.