Re: [bmwg] Martin Duke's Discuss on draft-ietf-bmwg-b2b-frame-03: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

"Scott O. Bradner" <sob@sobco.com> Mon, 14 December 2020 20:33 UTC

From: "Scott O. Bradner" <sob@sobco.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 17:18:29 -0500
Cc: Martin Duke <martin.h.duke@gmail.com>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-bmwg-b2b-frame@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-bmwg-b2b-frame@ietf.org>, "bmwg-chairs@ietf.org" <bmwg-chairs@ietf.org>, "bmwg@ietf.org" <bmwg@ietf.org>
To: "MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)" <acm@research.att.com>
Subject: Re: [bmwg] Martin Duke's Discuss on draft-ietf-bmwg-b2b-frame-03: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

this would seem to work if 2 seconds is significantly longer than it takes to send the burst - but if it takes 2 second to send the burst
then 2 seconds extra buffer could easily lose packets - seems to me that he extra time should be related to the time it takes to send the burst

e.g 50% of the burst time but not less than 2 seconds

Scott