RE: [bmwg] Comments on draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-00 .txt

Scott Poretsky <sporetsky@avici.com> Thu, 24 July 2003 18:24 UTC

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:24:41 -0400
To: "Perser, Jerry" <jerry.perser@spirentcom.com>, "Perser, Jerry" <jerry.perser@spirentcom.com>, bmwg@ietf.org
From: Scott Poretsky <sporetsky@avici.com>
Subject: RE: [bmwg] Comments on draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-00 .txt
Sender: bmwg-admin@ietf.org

Jerry,

Thomas suggested a Convergence Time measurement case for ECMP links, which
is much different from a Recovery case in which the Convergence Time from
the next-best path back to the best path is measured.  Both are great
suggestions and both will be added.

As far as the term for the recovery case - I like "Restoration Convergence
Time" or "Recovery Convergence Time".  Do you have objections with
either?  I do not think this will cause problems with SONET APS or MPLS
Protection benchmarking terminology since the word "Convergence" should not
appear with those terms.

Scott