Re: [bmwg] Several inconsistencies in current draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance

Redkin Petr <Petr.Redkin@infotecs.ru> Thu, 08 April 2021 11:30 UTC

From: Redkin Petr <Petr.Redkin@infotecs.ru>
To: "bmonkman@netsecopen.org" <bmonkman@netsecopen.org>
CC: "'MORTON, ALFRED C (AL)'" <acm@research.att.com>, "bmwg@ietf.org" <bmwg@ietf.org>, 'Bala Balarajah' <bm.balarajah@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 11:30:44 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.17.0.10]
x-exclaimer-md-config: 208ac3cd-1ed4-4982-a353-bdefac89ac0a
Subject: Re: [bmwg] Several inconsistencies in current draft-ietf-bmwg-ngfw-performance

I think that the proposed changes (for all comments) will make the text of the document more understandable and eliminate potential differences in interpretations. Thanks.

I also suggest revise the document in the context of supporting non-inline products (NGFW or NGIDS/NGIPS device in monitor-only mode) in performance tests or restrict it to only inline mode as in security effectiveness test. The estimation approach based on traffic degradation is not applicable in this case.

Best Regards,
Petr Redkin

Performance research expert,
JSC "InfoTeCS"