Re: [Bnbsg] Invitation to Participate in IETF 90 Bits-N-Bites: Internet of Things

Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com> Fri, 13 June 2014 07:13 UTC

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:12:25 +0200
From: Alexandru Petrescu <alexandru.petrescu@gmail.com>
To: bnbsg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Bnbsg] Invitation to Participate in IETF 90 Bits-N-Bites: Internet of Things

Hi,

This is a good initiative.  I know the organization and the referred
planetlab.  It would be good if IoT-LAB of France iot-lab.info gets to
present to BnB. (there's another "IoT-LAB" as an ongoing EU project,
other situation, I know the persons in charge there as well).

I would like to express an opinion with respect to funding.

Indeed the organisation is non-profit, but this is a funded project with
several partners.  In this kinds of projects often there is some amount
of budget planned for attendance of conference, demonstrations, etc.

The IETF BnB event could be advantageously used by the project as a
significant achievement: something like "demonstrated the IoT technology
to 1000 networking experts in Toronto".  Maybe they'd get a label or
trophy (if I can say so), and present it to the local funder.

Maybe this is difficult to achieve in the current situation (maybe not
enough time), but it would be something to think of.

Alex