[Bridge-mib] dot1dTpPortInFrames issue

"David B Harrington" <dbharrington@comcast.net> Mon, 24 October 2005 16:25 UTC

From: David B Harrington <dbharrington@comcast.net>
To: "'Wijnen, Bert (Bert)'" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, "'Bridge-Mib (E-mail)'" <bridge-mib@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:25:15 -0400
Subject: [Bridge-mib] dot1dTpPortInFrames issue
Sender: bridge-mib-bounces@ietf.org

Hi,

An issue has been raised concerning dot1dTpPortInFrames and
dot1dTpPortOutFrames.

As noted, this is an issue "left over from RFC 1493".

RFC4188 is supposed to be a translation of the SMIv1 MIB module in RFC
1493 into SMIv2 format.

The wording used in the dot1dTpPortInFrames and dot1dTpPortOutFrames
DESCRIPTION clauses has existed in substantially the same form since
before RFC1286 was published in December 1991. The wording has
apparently not been a burden to the industry, since no changes were
made between RFC12865 and RFC1493, and no complaints on the wording
were received during the development of RFC4188, either from the
members of the Bridge WG or the IEEE 802.1 WG, whose review was
deliberately sought prior to publication of RFC4188, or during WG and
IETF Last Calls.

Therefore, I suggest we take no action on the recommendation to change
the wording of these objects.

David Harrington
dbharrington@comcast.net
co-chair, IETF Bridge WG