RE: [Bridge-mib] Connectivity Fault Management MIB

"Alex Rozin" <arozin@mrv.com> Wed, 15 November 2006 06:35 UTC

Subject: RE: [Bridge-mib] Connectivity Fault Management MIB
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:34:57 +0200
From: Alex Rozin <arozin@mrv.com>
To: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, MIB Doctors <mib-doctors@ietf.org>, "Bridge-Mib (E-mail)" <bridge-mib@ietf.org>

Please provide clarifications for the IEEE8021-CFM-MIB in .1ag:

1. If dot1agCfmStackMepId==0 (a MEP is not configured on an interface),  what
value does index dot1agCfmMdIndex have in dot1agCfmStackTable?

2. Why the index, for example, in dot1agCfmMdTable is an single integer
one (dot1agCfmMdIndex) and not a pair {dot1agCfmMdFormat, dot1agCfmMdName}?
In this case we will not need the object dot1agCfmMdTableNextIndex, etc.

3. The same concerns dot1agCfmMaIndex vs. {dot1agCfmMaFormat, dot1agCfmMaName}. In another words, why cannot we index
dot1agCfmMaTable by index {dot1agCfmMdFormat, dot1agCfmMdName, dot1agCfmMaFormat, dot1agCfmMaName}?

4. Why do we have both the field dot1agCfmMaMoreThanOneVid and a special interval for dot1agCfmMaIndex to reflect a association with VLAN? IMHO simpler method is to have in this table number of VLANs, that may be 0.

5. In the Table 17-1 object dot1agCfmMdIndex is referred to 12.14.2.1.2:b, but 12.14.2.1.2:b describes "An MD Level". Could you use integer index dot1agCfmStackLevel instead?

Thanks, Alex