Re: [802.1] RE: [Bridge-mib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bridge-8021x-02.txt

"K.C. Norseth" <kcn@norseth.com> Mon, 04 August 2003 04:44 UTC

From: "K.C. Norseth" <kcn@norseth.com>
To: Jim Burns <jeb@mtghouse.com>, Les Bell <Les_Bell@eur.3com.com>, "C. M. Heard" <heard@pobox.com>
Cc: bridge-mib@ietf.org, stds-802-1@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802.1] RE: [Bridge-mib] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bridge-8021x-02.txt
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 22:43:48 -0600
Sender: bridge-mib-admin@ietf.org

Sorry for the late response, I just got back in town.

I did question the copyright when I placed it in the mib, I guess the
benefit of this problem is that we will get the powers that be to decide how
to handle this in future rfc's.

In summary, so far, I am seeing 2 alternatives:
1  Change the copyright to fit what the IEEE lawyers and IETF lawyers
decide.
2: Remove the mib and reference the document in the IEEE website.

There are corrections that needed to happen on the mib to make it compile
(please ignore my screw up on the complile.).  If we want to point to the
IEEE website, those changes need to be fixed.

Point #1 still needs to be addressed on how we address this.  Once this is
addressed, I think that #1 will be the best soution.

K.C.