RE: [Call-home] last call for a Call Home BoF

"Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Wed, 12 October 2005 08:58 UTC

Subject: RE: [Call-home] last call for a Call Home BoF
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:58:22 +0200
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>
Cc: call-home@ietf.org
Sender: call-home-bounces@ietf.org

I believe that the problem that this BOF tries to deal with is very
real, has architecture and deployment implications, and it would be very
useful to have this BOF at the Vancouver IETF.

BTW, the first phrase in the long description is broken and fuzzy in not
showing who is the client. It would be useful to re-write it, and maybe
include also the explication in the I-D about what is 'call home' (  '
Many devices make use of so-called "Call Home" functionality in order to
be managed or updated, or to otherwise establish outbound
communication in the face of NATs, firewalls, and mobility.')

Dan