Re: [Cbor] πŸ”” WGLC on draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags-03

Laurence Lundblade <lgl@island-resort.com> Fri, 08 March 2019 03:16 UTC

From: Laurence Lundblade <lgl@island-resort.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 19:15:58 -0800
Cc: "cbor@ietf.org" <cbor@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags@ietf.org>
To: Francesca Palombini <francesca.palombini@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [Cbor] πŸ”” WGLC on draft-ietf-cbor-array-tags-03

Comments in my usual vein…

Because of the big/little endian option, it seems like this needs a discussion about design protocols with it, about preferred encoding / decoding and about interop.

Probably it should say decoders should support both big and little and the encoder can do what is natural. It seems like there might be an option for both sides to support only one endianness, which will likely often be little endian because it is common.

LL