[Cbor] Barry Leiba's Yes on charter-ietf-cbor-01-01: (with COMMENT)

Barry Leiba via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 24 June 2019 07:33 UTC

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: cbor-chairs@ietf.org, cbor@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 00:33:45 -0700
Subject: [Cbor] Barry Leiba's Yes on charter-ietf-cbor-01-01: (with COMMENT)

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-cbor-01-01: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-cbor/

COMMENT:

Nit: "a mechanism other that" should be "a mechanism other than".

"and add to a second edition of the specification if warranted" ... presumably
this is in the re-charter because it *is* warranted.  I suggest removing "if
warranted".

"The body of existing specifications that make use of CDDL is considered
precious":  Awwwwwwwww...  :-)

"It is currently expected that this would be done using a Wiki of some type.
This work would not be expected to be published by the IETF."  Yayyyyy!  Thanks.

Nit: that are either currently adopted by the working group, by other working
groups, or as individual submissions" is not a parallel list.  Maybe, "that are
currently adopted by the working group, are work items in other working groups,
or exist as individual submissions."  Also, I suggest removing the paragraph
break between this paragraph and the next.

Nit: "Internet wide specifications" needs a hyphen: "Internet-wide
specifications".