[Cbor] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's No Objection on draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic-11: (with COMMENT)

Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 20 April 2022 08:40 UTC

From: Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic@ietf.org, cbor-chairs@ietf.org, cbor@ietf.org, christian@amsuess.com, christian@amsuess.com
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 01:40:30 -0700
Subject: [Cbor] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's No Objection on draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic-11: (with COMMENT)

Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-file-magic/

COMMENT:

Thanks for working on this document. I kind of like the question/answer style
of writing the document.

Some comments/questions below, and I think addressing them would help improving
the document.

- Section 2.1: it say's

      This tag needs to be allocated by the author of the CBOR Protocol

   it was not clear to me if "this tag" is the same tag that needs IANA
   registration or not. It needs some clarification text on that.

- file(1) is both referred as command and program, I always thought it is a
command.

- Section 3.2: I didn't get the proper motivation for this section in this
document. There were no mention of other CBOR data items and certainly they
become the center piece in this section. I think it would be great to add some
text about the motivation.

- Speaking very frankly I feel like section 3.1 and section 3.2 are not the
center part of this specification and should be moved to appendix section.