[CCAMP] New Liaison Statement, "Clarification of ITU-T G.698.2 (11/2018) application codes"

Liaison Statement Management Tool <statements@ietf.org> Wed, 01 February 2023 08:09 UTC

From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <statements@ietf.org>
To: tsbsg15@itu.int
Cc: Alvaro Retana <aretana.ietf@gmail.com>, Andrew Alston <andrew-ietf@liquid.tech>, Common Control and Measurement Plane Discussion List <ccamp@ietf.org>, Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ietf@gmail.com>, Fatai Zhang <zhangfatai@huawei.com>, John Scudder <jgs@juniper.net>, Luis Contreras <luismiguel.contrerasmurillo@telefonica.com>, Scott Mansfield <Scott.Mansfield@Ericsson.com>, itu-t-liaison@iab.org, liaison-coordination@iab.org, sergio.belotti@nokia.com
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 00:09:27 -0800
Subject: [CCAMP] New Liaison Statement, "Clarification of ITU-T G.698.2 (11/2018) application codes"

Title: Clarification of ITU-T G.698.2 (11/2018) application codes
Submission Date: 2023-02-01
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1812/
Please reply by 2023-03-25
From: Scott Mansfield <Scott.Mansfield@Ericsson.com>
To: tsbsg15@itu.int
Cc: Alvaro Retana <aretana.ietf@gmail.com>,Scott Mansfield <Scott.Mansfield@Ericsson.com>,Andrew Alston <andrew-ietf@liquid.tech>,Common Control and Measurement Plane Discussion List <ccamp@ietf.org>,Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ietf@gmail.com>,Fatai Zhang <zhangfatai@huawei.com>,Luis Contreras <luismiguel.contrerasmurillo@telefonica.com>,itu-t-liaison@iab.org <itu-t-liaison@iab.org>,John Scudder <jgs@juniper.net>
Response Contacts: Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ietf@gmail.com>,Fatai Zhang <zhangfatai@huawei.com>,Luis Contreras <luismiguel.contrerasmurillo@telefonica.com>
Technical Contacts: sergio.belotti@nokia.com
Purpose: For action

Body: Q6/15:

CCAMP is asking for a clarification related to Rec. ITU-T G.698.2 (11/2018) application codes. Applications are defined using optical interface parameters at the single-channel connection points between optical transmitters and the optical multiplexer, as well as between optical receivers and the optical demultiplexer in the DWDM system. Table 8-7 defines Bit rate/line coding of optical tributary signals for DP-DQPSK 100G applications and specifies “OTL4.4-SC or FOIC1.4-SC.

We observed that OTL4.4-SC and FOIC1.4-SC are incompatible with each other but share the same application code. This ambiguity could lead to incompatibility of optical interface specifications towards the realization of transversely compatible dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) systems. We were wondering if our interpretation is correct and if so, wouldn't different application codes be needed to make sure that only compatible transmitters and receivers are used?

We appreciate your support to interpret Table 8-7 to avoid incompatibility issues when using Application Codes.

Thank You
Attachments:

No document has been attached