Re: [CCAMP] Input on publication track of WSON solutions documents

Rajan Rao <rrao@infinera.com> Fri, 05 October 2012 23:14 UTC

From: Rajan Rao <rrao@infinera.com>
To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 23:14:39 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.100.96.93]
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Input on publication track of WSON solutions documents

1. yes
2. yes

Thanks
Rajan

-----Original Message-----
From: ccamp-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:ccamp-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Lou Berger
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:31 AM
To: CCAMP

CCAMP,

The WG has several WSON-related drafts including:
   1. draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode
   2. draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-general-constraints-ospf-te
   3. draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-encode
   4. draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf
   5. draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling

These drafts are currently identified as being on the Standards Track.  The WG typically requests Standards Track publication of documents that fill/fix a clear protocol function and/or have strong WG support. Given the scope of this work as well as the time the drafts have been active in the WG, we'd like to solicit the WG's input on the publication track to be requested.

Once the WG reaches consensus on these drafts (as indicated by a
*future* WG last call), Standards Track publication can be requested or these drafts could also be published via a non-Standards Track, see section 4.2 of RFC2026 for all options.

Please let us know (preferably by responding on the WG list) if you:

a. Support targeting all of these documents for Standards Track
   publication?
  [yes/no]

b. If no, support targeting some of these documents for Standards
   Track publication?
  [1, yes/no
   2, yes/no
   3, yes/no
   4, yes/no
   5, yes/no]

c. If no to any of the above, which status do you think appropriate?
  [Experimental or Informational]

d. Finally, we are most interested in hearing from anyone who has,
   or is planning an implementation based on the WG drafts.  We
   understand that some may not want this information published,
   so please let any of the chairs and/or ADs know (Lou,
   Deborah, Adrian or Stewart), and they will publish the
   information without any personal or company identification.

Keep in mind that this mail is *not* starting a WG last call on any of the documents identified above.  We'd like input on intended publication status prior to any last call discussion.

Lou and Deborah