Re: [CCAMP] Poll on ODUFlex-related encoding (was: WG Last Call comments on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-04)

Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net> Tue, 29 January 2013 18:47 UTC

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:46:47 -0500
From: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
To: "Gruman, Fred" <fred.gruman@us.fujitsu.com>
Cc: CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Poll on ODUFlex-related encoding (was: WG Last Call comments on draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-04)

Fred,
	Thanks for the input.

On 1/29/2013 12:54 PM, Gruman, Fred wrote:
> Hi Lou,
>
> I am not clear on option 2 as when I look into draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-05, the IANA section shows the c-type for the GENERALIZE_LABEL defined in RFC 3473, not a new c-type.
>
> OTN-TDM Generalized Label Object:
>
>        o OTN-TDM Generalized Label Object: Class = 16, C-Type = 2 (see
>          Section 5.1)

I didn't notice that inconsistency.  Per
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-05#section-5:
 The traffic parameters for OTN-TDM capable Switching Type are carried
 in the OTN-TDM SENDER_TSPEC and FLOWSPEC objects. The objects have
 the following class and type:

    -  OTN-TDM SENDER_TSPEC Object: Class = 12, C-Type = 7 (TBA)
    -  OTN-TDM FLOWSPEC Object: Class = 9, C-Type = 7 (TBA)

Lou