Re: [CCAMP] Review Request For Changes in draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04.txt

Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net> Tue, 28 August 2012 15:44 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:44:09 -0400
From: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
To: zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Review Request For Changes in draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04.txt

Fei,

On 8/28/2012 10:46 AM, zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn wrote:

> Lou
>
> - in the case of double sided provisioning *only*
>  1. Association Source is set to an address selected by the node that
>     originates the association. (which may be a management entity.)
>
> <fei> Do you mean the assocition source can be neither A1 nor Z9 here?

Yes.  The only requirement is (global) uniqueness.

>   3.2.8  MPLS-TP Associated Bidirectional LSP Identifiers
>
>  [RFC6370] defines the LSP associated identifiers based on the
>  signaling parameters of each unidirectional LSP. The combination
>  of each unidirectional LSP's parameters is used to identify the
>  Associated Bidirectional LSP.  Using the mechanisms defined in
>  this document, any node that is along the path of both
>  unidirectional LSPs can identify which pair of unidirectional LSPs
>  support an Associated Bidirectional LSP as well as the signaling
>  parameters required by [RFC6370].  Note that the LSP end-points
>  will always be the path of both unidirectional LSPs.
>
> <Fei> RFC6370 requires A1-global_ID and Z9-global_ID, how to push them
> into the Extended ASSOCIATION object without new Association type?

Solving this issue, i.e., how to signal Global_ID of an LSP, is
currently not within the scope of this document.

Given it's such a small addition, I as a WG contributor, see no reason
not to broaden the scope of this draft (assuming the WG agrees) to
include such support. Although, I think the title and intro of the
document will need to be updated to reflect this change.  I'm also fine
with keeping out of scope, and solving it elsewhere.

Lou