[CCAMP] FW: draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode & OSPF-TE extensions

Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com> Tue, 10 January 2012 15:18 UTC

From: Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>
To: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:16:07 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.147.208]
Subject: [CCAMP] FW: draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode & OSPF-TE extensions

Hi CCAMP WG,

We are finishing up both generic encoding (draft-ietf-ccamp-general-constraint-encode) and WSON encoding.

One of the pending issues is if we need to advertise different priorities levels for available labels and shared backup labels (to be able to preempt lower priority LSP when high priority LSP is setup). This requirement was raised by Rajan. The authors feel this is a legitimate requirement and proposed the following encoding changes to the current available Labels sub-TLV (section 1.1) and shared backup labels sub-TLV (section 1.2). Please let us know if you object to this. Otherwise, we will add this encoding in the upcoming revision. Please also provide your comment to this encoding proposal if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Young & Greg

-----suggested encoding-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.1. Available Labels Sub-TLV
To indicate the labels available for use on a link the Available Labels sub-TLV consists of a single variable length label set field as follows:

   0                   1                   2                   3

   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

  |A| Reserved    | Priority Flags|        Reserved               |

  |                          Label Set Field                    |

Where
A (Availability bit) = 1 or 0 indicates that the labels listed in the following label set field are available or not available, respectively, for use at a given priority level as indicated by the Priority Flags.
Priority Flags: Bit 8 corresponds to priority level 0 and bit 15 corresponds to priority level 7. If a bit is set then the labels in the label set field are available or not available as indicated by the A bit for use at that particular priority level.
Note that Label Set Field is defined in Section 3.2.

1.2. Shared Backup Labels Sub-TLV
To indicate the labels available for shared backup use on a link the Shared Backup Labels sub-TLV consists of a single variable length label set field as follows: