[CCAMP] Clarification regarding 'connectivity matrix'

Zhenghaomian <zhenghaomian@huawei.com> Wed, 18 September 2019 20:01 UTC

From: Zhenghaomian <zhenghaomian@huawei.com>
To: "draft-vijay-ccamp-ospf-otn-timeslot@ietf.org" <draft-vijay-ccamp-ospf-otn-timeslot@ietf.org>, "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 20:01:09 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.81.224]
Subject: [CCAMP] Clarification regarding 'connectivity matrix'

Hi, Authors,

I am writing to request clarification on the term 'connectivity matrix', from the existing work such as TE YANG model (refer to RFC 7580 or figure 4 in https://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-teas-te-topo-and-tunnel-modeling-04.pdf), the term is used to describe the connection relationship within a node, i.e., between the node ingress and node egress, which has nothing to do with the link; while for this draft, the proposal encoded the link pair information, which should be inter-node relationship instead of node attributes. It seems we have ambiguity on interpreting the term, and we should align with the meaning before deciding whether to extend such TLV or not. So it would be appreciated if you can help on clarification, thanks.

Haomian Zheng
PhD, Research Engineer & Standard Delegate
Transport & Access Networking
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Tel : +86 13066975206
Email : zhenghaomian@huawei.com
[cid:image001.png@01D55296.0E369D90]

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!