Re: [CCAMP] Generalized Labels for the Flexi-Grid in LSC Label Switching Routers

"Zhangxian (Xian)" <zhang.xian@huawei.com> Sat, 08 February 2014 10:36 UTC

From: "Zhangxian (Xian)" <zhang.xian@huawei.com>
To: "Giovanni Martinelli (giomarti)" <giomarti@cisco.com>, Daniel King <daniel@olddog.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 10:36:04 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.66.104.209]
Cc: CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Generalized Labels for the Flexi-Grid in LSC Label Switching Routers

Hi, Giovanni,

  When we resize a LSP, the label value needs to change for sure in transport networks. An example would be OTN and captured in Section 7 of draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-12. The procedure described/cited there should also be applicable to resizing a LSP in flexi-grid as well, if I understand correctly. The difference is, in OTN the data plane can support hitless adjustment of the bandwidth, thus the need of explanation of interaction of both planes; not sure it is the case for flexi grid at the moment. So, I wonder if change a bandwidth of a flex-lsp means taking the steps of tearing down the old one and establishing a new one, thus already supported by RFC3209 from control plane perspective?

  I think we are discussing some advanced issues and currently won't be needed in solutions drafts. If needed, a note may be added somewhere to the framework draft. Thoughts?

Regards,
Xian