[CCAMP] 答复: New Version Notification for draft-li-ccamp-role-based-automesh-02.txt

Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com> Fri, 04 July 2014 06:10 UTC

From: Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com>
To: Daniel King <daniel@olddog.co.uk>, "'Gregory Mirsky'" <gregory.mirsky@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 06:10:32 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.45.28.44]
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: [CCAMP] =?gb2312?b?tPC4tDogIE5ldyBWZXJzaW9uIE5vdGlmaWNhdGlvbiBm?= =?gb2312?b?b3IgZHJhZnQtbGktY2NhbXAtcm9sZS1iYXNlZC1hdXRvbWVzaC0wMi50eHQ=?=

Hi Dan,

Thanks for reading the draft, very good comments and questions.

Please see my reply inline...

This will result in establishing some unnecessary LSPs, but it should be far less than the amount of full-mesh.

> Is there anything (dangerous) that can be learned about the
> network by inspecting role-based mesh-group TLVs?

By inspecting the role-based mesh-group TLVs, it will learn the roles of each LSR. IGP has already used to distribute many things that include topology, node capabilities, etc. IMHO, the role of an LSR is not special to those topology and node capabilities. But you are right, security consideration is always needed. We will think more about this.

> 2. Is it legitimate to set the Root and Leaf bits, what about setting all the bits?
> Just wondering if there are certain role combinations that may be defined as
> illegitimate. The I-D might also benefit from an error handling sub-section.

We have plan to remove the P2MP part. But as for the combined role, there are indeed such some scenarios that a node may have both R and L, or both H and S role.

> 3. Are there scaling issues related to:
>
> o The number of mesh groups that may exist?
> o The number of mesh groups to which any router can belong?

Very good question, I have not data in hand, but we will try to collect the data and do some math work, and will share the data once we got it.

> o Is it possible by misconfiguration, design, or (again) maliciousness to
> advertise a very large number of groups?

For LSA/LSP advertisement, any misconfiguration, design, or (again) maliciousness will cause some unwanted advertisements, but I don't think it will cause large number of unnecessary advertisements, unless the configuration and design are really mess :-)

> 4. The I-D was proposed early 2013, any update/feedback on implementations?
> It would be worth raising awareness of "running code" for the proposal, as per
> RFC6982.

As I know, there is an on-going implementation this time.

Thanks,
Mach