Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04.txt

Gregory Mirsky <gregory.mirsky@ericsson.com> Fri, 17 August 2012 17:44 UTC

From: Gregory Mirsky <gregory.mirsky@ericsson.com>
To: "zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn" <zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn>, Francesco Fondelli <francesco.fondelli@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:44:48 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, "ccamp-bounces@ietf.org" <ccamp-bounces@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-04.txt

Dear Fei,
if we to compare, using Francesco's enumeration, cases b) and c2), then, in my view, differences would be in:

 *
identifiers
 *
coordinated vs. independent monitoring and protection

But I would question whether operators will use independent monitoring and protection on, what looks exactly like, bi-directional co-routed LSP. I think that c2) is not a separate case, but rather "an accident". If an operator wants to build c2) he/she needs to use procedures defined for b).

    Regards,
        Greg