[CCAMP] 答复: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-topo-yang-03.txt

"Zhenghaomian (Zhenghaomian, Optical &Microwave Technology Research Dept)" <zhenghaomian@huawei.com> Fri, 13 July 2018 11:23 UTC

From: "Zhenghaomian (Zhenghaomian, Optical &Microwave Technology Research Dept)" <zhenghaomian@huawei.com>
To: "t.petch" <ietfc@btconnect.com>, "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:35:31 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.57.78.212]
Subject: [CCAMP] 答复: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-topo-yang-03.txt

Hi, Tom,

After a review of historical versions of draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo, I summarized the issue together with your proposal as follow:

1) If I understand your proposal on 'inside-out' correctly, the problem can be solved by changing the order of folders. However, the same leaves are augmented multiple times is because of there are multiple of 'te-bandwidth' and 'te-label' many where in the te-topo tree. Even if we put a 'link-bandwidth' augment, it won't simplify the shape of tree;
2) Considering the te-bandwidth, it's a single-layer when rather than multi-layer when. Some of the te-label (e.g. in path-route-object) is a multi-layer when while some others are single-layer when (e.g. in connectivity-matrix). I don't think addressing the multi-layer when issue will solve this problem much, only a little simpler.

BTW, the two issues above are in the draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo, and we can do nothing in draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-topo-yang. Neither we can do anything in other technology-specifc topology models such as draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-yang and draft-zheng-ccamp-client-topo-yang, both of which are augmenting the TE topology model. Personally I think the section 6 of draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo provide a very detailed guidance on how to augment the model with tech-specific features, and there won't be much problem if we follow this rules. These augmentations only seem to be complicated instead of real complexity, and this is exactly what we do for the OTN topology model today.

I wish we can reach some consensus on how to proceed these model during the WG discussion, thank you.

Best wishes,
Haomian

Best wishes,
Haomian