[CCAMP] Consideration on Splittng type module for tech-specific YANG models

"Zhenghaomian (Zhenghaomian, Optical &Microwave Technology Research Dept)" <zhenghaomian@huawei.com> Thu, 11 October 2018 12:16 UTC

From: "Zhenghaomian (Zhenghaomian, Optical &Microwave Technology Research Dept)" <zhenghaomian@huawei.com>
To: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
CC: "ccamp-chairs@ietf.org" <ccamp-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:16:44 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.210.170.86]
Subject: [CCAMP] Consideration on Splittng type module for tech-specific YANG models

Hi, WG,

As you may know, the teas working group split the ietf-te-types as a separate document draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/teas/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-types/>. The module ietf-te-types is imported in both ietf-te-topology module and ietf-te module, so a separation would help progress these drafts.

>From the perspective of ccamp, the same issue applies on OTN drafts as well. In both of the draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-topo-yang<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/ccamp/draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-topo-yang/> (speficy module ietf-otn-topology) and draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-tunnel-model<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/ccamp/draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-tunnel-model/> (specify module ietf-otn-tunnel), the module ietf-otn-types (currently also defined in draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-tunnel-model<https://tools.ietf.org/wg/ccamp/draft-ietf-ccamp-otn-tunnel-model/>)was imported. To address the potential issue on publish topology without mature types supporting, two possible approaches would be helpful, 1) split out the otn-types as a separate draft, as how teas WG is doing; 2) move the current otn-types into draft-otn-topology, which will probably come earlier than draft-otn-tunnel, as how WSON-specific module is doing.

The authors are open to any of these two approaches, and expect our decision before YANG doctor review of any documents. We also wish the module otn-types can be reviewed at the first iteration. Thank you.

Best wishes,
Haomian