Re: [CCAMP] Discussion on how to carry the Global_ID

Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com> Wed, 08 February 2012 01:17 UTC

Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 01:17:03 +0000
From: Mach Chen <mach.chen@huawei.com>
To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, Francesco Fondelli <francesco.fondelli@gmail.com>
Cc: "mpls@ietf.org" <mpls@ietf.org>, "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Discussion on how to carry the Global_ID

Hi Lou,

I am always assume that the Z9-tunnel-num equals to A1-tunnel-num (for co-routed bidirectional LSP). The motivation (from the text of RFC6370 and the past discussion on MPLS-TP identifier) of two tunnel-nums is for simplifying associated bidirectional signaling, for co-routed bidirectional LSP, two tunnel-nums are unnecessary. If I am wrong, please correct me.(cc MPLS WG)

IMHO, the simplest way is to explicitly clarify that for co-routed bidirectional LSP, A1-tunnel-num=Z9-tunnel-num, maybe a clarification errata is needed for RFC6370.

Best regards,
Mach