Re: [CCAMP] Fwd: New Version Notification fordraft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk-06.txt

<niu.xiaobing@zte.com.cn> Tue, 18 December 2018 12:53 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:52:38 +0800
From: niu.xiaobing@zte.com.cn
To: loa@pi.nu
Cc: ccamp@ietf.org, ccamp-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Fwd: New Version Notification fordraft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk-06.txt

hi, Loa

Sorry for the late reply. As to the question, we don’t think it means that the FlexE clients have the same BW as the FlexE group.

The reason for that can be found in the slides presented during the Bangkok meeting, which can be found: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-ccamp-10-a-yang-data-model-for-flex-ethernetflexe-02

Once a FlexE group is created, it can be seen as one huge PCS module created as well. Transport of different FlexE client information streams over the FlexE group is decided by the data plane "control" module. As there is no slot switching, end-to-end transfer of the slot allocation in the FlexE overhead is feasible. The "control" module in FlexE mux is able to control the multiplexing of the client information streams, and that in FlexE demux is able to control the de-multiplexing of different client information streams. As all these functions are  fulfilled by the data plane, and from the control perspective, there is no difference from traditional Ethernet. The way to use MAC is the same as usual.

BR,

牛小兵     Xiaobing NIU

4/F, Sinotrans Tower A, Building 8, No.5 Anding Road, Chaoyang District,Beijing, P.R.China,

E: niu.xiaobing@zte.com.cn

www.zte.com.cn

原始邮件