Re: [CCAMP] IPR Disclosure: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-14

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Tue, 10 January 2012 22:06 UTC

From: "Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: <licensing@huawei.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:06:48 -0000
Cc: yzhaous@huawei.com, ccamp@ietf.org, iesg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] IPR Disclosure: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-14

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your IPR disclosure https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1663/

Please note that draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas was published as RFC 6344 in
August 2011 and, indeed, revision 14 of the draft was never posted. Was your
intention to file the IPR disclosure against RFC 6344? Could you please look
into this and update the disclosure as appropriate.

I note that the patent application was filed on  9 Oct 2005. And the associated
Internet-Draft (which has a Huawei employee and a Huawei consultant as
co-authors) was first published as an IETF Working Group draft on 8 September
2006. As I noted above, RFC 6344 was published in August 2011, yet the IPR
disclosure has only just been made.

May I draw your attention to RFC 3979 which calls for timely IPR disclosure as a
requirement for participation in the IETF. Can I ask you to urgently investigate
how you can avoid such late disclosures on behalf of Huawei Technologies in the
future.

Many thanks,

Adrian Farrel
Routing Area Director, IETF