Re: [CCAMP] A Recap of Update to Draft "YANG Data Model forFlexEInterface Management"

Jiangyuanlong <jiangyuanlong@huawei.com> Tue, 23 July 2019 06:21 UTC

From: Jiangyuanlong <jiangyuanlong@huawei.com>
To: "wang.qilei@zte.com.cn" <wang.qilei@zte.com.cn>
CC: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 06:21:02 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.74.202.215]
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] A Recap of Update to Draft "YANG Data Model forFlexEInterface Management"

Qilei,

Thanks for your explanation.
Regarding the standard of equipment model, are you referring to G.875 (OTN protocol-neutral management information model) or G.8052 (Ethernet protocol-neutral management information model)?
Is your purpose to follow the same information model defined there? But please be aware that ITU-T may also develop its own YANG models, such as G.8052.1 and G.8052.2.
I must say our purpose is to develop a YANG data model for a generic FlexE interface, which can be applied to routers and other transport equipment.

As for the neighbor discovery, the protocol can provide information of remote PHYs (i.e., remote-phy-interface in bonded-phys), thus configuration of the remote PHY will be unnecessary, furthermore, the protocol can verify the connectivity of PHYs.

BTW, according to the general assumptions for the FlexE, (group number, client number) will uniquely identify a FlexE client between a pair of FlexE nodes, not just a single client number, thus it is inappropriate to model flexe-clients in parallel with flexe-groups (as a result, globally unique client number is mandated in your current model).

Regards,
Yuanlong