Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-04.txt

zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn Wed, 15 August 2012 03:11 UTC

To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
From: zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:10:33 +0800
Cc: ccamp@ietf.org, ccamp-bounces@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-04.txt

Hi Lou

I can see there are some minor changes when taking a look at the updated
new version, and want to check with you the intention of listed two
revisions.

1. Section 3 No-GMPLS Recovery Usage

The sentence "Note that there are times when no matching state is found,
e.g., when processing an initial LSP or when the ASSOCIATION object
contains
otherwise useful information, and such cases do not alter the processing
defined below." is deleted in the version 04, which indicates that the
ASSOCIATION object
can not be used in a single session whith any kinds of Association Types
or the usage in a single session can be defined as an association type
specific rules?

2. The descriptions about Global Association Source in Section 4.1.  IPv4
and IPv6 Extended ASSOCIATION Object Format

Similarly, the sentence "It is expected that the global identifier will be
derived from the globally unique ASN of the autonomous system hosting the
Association Source." does not appear in the new version. The question here
is whether the Global Association Source SHOULD host the Association
Source or not?  If yeah, it had better being described in the document.

Best regards

Fei

Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
发件人:  ccamp-bounces@ietf.org
2012-08-14 22:10

收件人
ccamp@ietf.org
抄送

主题
Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-04.txt

The authors believe that this revision addresses the comments raised by
Adrian and discussed on the list. (It also includes few other editorial
nits identified by the authors.)

Please note, as discussed, there has been one substantive technical
change (MUST --> SHOULD):

  3.2.1. Resv Message Format
OLD
  Relative ordering of ASSOCIATION objects of the same type
  MUST be preserved by transit nodes.
NEW
  Relative ordering of ASSOCIATION objects of the same type
  *SHOULD* be preserved by transit nodes.

Lou (and co-authors)

On 8/14/2012 9:45 AM, internet-drafts@ietf.org wrote:

directories.
>  This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.