Re: [CCAMP] Poll on ODUFlex-related encoding

Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net> Fri, 01 February 2013 16:07 UTC

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 11:06:58 -0500
From: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
To: CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>
Cc: "draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709v3@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ospf-g709v3@tools.ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3@tools.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Poll on ODUFlex-related encoding

All,

I like to close this poll. It looks like there is solid consensus behind
option 2. i.e., (a) use a new c-type for OTN-TDM SENDER_TSPEC and
OTN-TDM FLOWSPEC, and (b) encode ODUflex consistently as an IEEE
single-precision floating-point number.

I also understand that there has been some discussion this week among
ITU-T participants regarding tolerance as specified in the current
version of G.874.1.  I'd like to ask that the authors of the G.709
documents to discuss this and propose any desired document changes to
the WG via the list -- hopefully next week.

Much thanks,
Lou