[CCAMP] Reply: Thoughts on Flex-E YANG models

"Yangfan (Shirley)" <shirley.yangfan@huawei.com> Tue, 26 November 2019 02:02 UTC

From: "Yangfan (Shirley)" <shirley.yangfan@huawei.com>
To: "Rob Wilton (rwilton)" <rwilton@cisco.com>, "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 02:02:27 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.130.163.192]
Subject: [CCAMP] Reply: Thoughts on Flex-E YANG models

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your quick respond.  To check the YANG models from the perspective of YANG doctor would help a lot in the discussion.
Another question I would like to ask your opinion is about the attributes such as local-phy-interface, remote-phy-interface, expected-group-number, expected-phy-map, expected-cal-cfg, tx-calendar, rx-calendar etc. These terminologies are defined and introduced from ITU-T G.8023. I understand there could be some signaling negotiation between two nodes in the data plane. However, I don¡¯t think it is appropriate to extract YANG model in a Tx/Rx approach. Once the information is set from controller, data plane of nodes can decide whether FlexE works or how it works. It is not necessary to assign the remote node information to local node.
I¡¯d appreciate that if you can have some comments on this particular part, which is one of the big differences of the two models.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Fan

·¢¼þÈË: Jiangyuanlong
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2019Äê11ÔÂ25ÈÕ 11:54
ÊÕ¼þÈË: Rob Wilton (rwilton) <rwilton@cisco.com>; ccamp@ietf.org
Ö÷Ìâ: RE: Thoughts on Flex-E YANG models

Hi Rob,

Thank you  a lot for your comments, they are very helpful.
Please see my further comments inline.

Cheers,
Yuanlong