Re: [CCAMP] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-15: (with COMMENT)

Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com> Wed, 05 August 2015 14:26 UTC

From: Leeyoung <leeyoung@huawei.com>
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 14:25:49 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.192.11.117]
Cc: "draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf@ietf.org>, "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>, "ccamp-chairs@ietf.org" <ccamp-chairs@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signal-compatibility-ospf-15: (with COMMENT)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your comment. I replied to a similar question from Ben Campbell on security. Please see in the attachment if you have not had chance to read this email thread. The rationale for the sufficiency with [RFC4203] and [RFC3630] was suggested by the following text (which we can add if you like):

   As with [RFC4203], it specifies the
   contents of Opaque LSAs in OSPFv2.  As Opaque LSAs are not used for
   Shortest Path First (SPF) computation or normal routing, the
   extensions specified here have no direct effect on IP routing.
   Tampering with GMPLS TE LSAs may have an effect on the underlying
   Transport.  [RFC3630] notes that the
   security mechanisms described in [RFC2328] apply to Opaque LSAs
   carried in OSPFv2.

What do you think? Would this answer your question?

Thanks.
Young