Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-01.txt

wang.qilei@zte.com.cn Wed, 04 March 2015 09:12 UTC

To: Rajan Rao <rrao@infinera.com>
From: wang.qilei@zte.com.cn
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 17:11:48 +0800
Cc: 'CCAMP' <ccamp@ietf.org>, Iftekhar Hussain <IHussain@infinera.com>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-01.txt

Rajan,

Can you give us a detailed example about the use of "Minimum LSP
bandwidth"?
Currently, I can not feel the importance of this information.

I like Ramon's answer: "It may be short-sighted to discard the option", so
please go on.

Thanks
Qilei

Rajan Rao <rrao@infinera.com>
·¢¼þÈË:  "CCAMP" <ccamp-bounces@ietf.org>
2015-03-04 09:11

ÊÕ¼þÈË
"adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "'Zhangxian (Xian)'"
<zhang.xian@huawei.com>, 'CCAMP' <ccamp@ietf.org>, 'Ramon Casellas'
<ramon.casellas@cttc.es>,
³­ËÍ
Iftekhar Hussain <IHussain@infinera.com>
Ö÷Ìâ
Re: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-01.txt

Adrian,

Looks like there is different interpretation of RFC 4202 text.  RFC 4202
text in sections 2.4.2 & 2.4.3  says
¡°¡­..an LSP at priority
  p could reserve any bandwidth between the Minimum LSP Bandwidth and
   the Maximum LSP Bandwidth at priority p, provided that the bandwidth¡­
..¡±

Having only the Maximum LSP bandwidth field priority based & not the
Minimum LSP bandwidth field doesn¡¯t seem right.  It is a simplification
for sure.  What is the correct interpretation of above text?  Will be good
to know.

Thx
Rajan