Re: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-11.txt> (Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Extensions for the evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks Control) to Proposed Standard

Fatai Zhang <zhangfatai@huawei.com> Thu, 12 September 2013 03:10 UTC

From: Fatai Zhang <zhangfatai@huawei.com>
To: Fatai Zhang <zhangfatai@huawei.com>, "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 03:10:23 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.66.72.159]
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-signaling-g709v3-11.txt> (Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Extensions for the evolving G.709 Optical Transport Networks Control) to Proposed Standard

Hi Adrian,

I would like to propose the following text for the new section and discuss with you & WG before I submit a new version.

Further comments are appreciated.

8. Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) Considerations
Regarding OTN OAM configuration, it could be done through either Network Management Systems (NMS) or GMPLS control plane as defined in [TDM-OAM]. [RFC4783] SHOULD be used for communication of alarm information in GMPLS based OTN.
Management Information Base (MIB) may need be extended to read new information (e.g, OTN-TDM Generalized Label, OTN-TDM SENDER_TSPEC/ FLOWSPEC) from the OTN devices. This is out of scope of this document.
More information about the management aspects for GMPLS based OTN refer to Section 5.7 of [OTN-FWK].

Best Regards

Fatai