Re: [CCAMP] poll onmaking draft-margaria-ccamp-lsp-attribute-ero-02 a WG document

"Margaria, Cyril (NSN - DE/Munich)" <cyril.margaria@nsn.com> Tue, 11 December 2012 08:40 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:40:35 +0100
From: "Margaria, Cyril (NSN - DE/Munich)" <cyril.margaria@nsn.com>
To: adrian@olddog.co.uk, Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, ccamp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] poll onmaking draft-margaria-ccamp-lsp-attribute-ero-02 a WG document

Hi,

Thanks for your input, Please see inline.

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Cyril Margaria

This is our intention to target instruction at specific node, in addition
this mechanism is also useful for draft-ietf-ccamp-wson-signaling.

> Otherwise (and assuming that this function is actually needed!) I think
> it would be helpful to reclass this as a normal subobject of a normal
> ERO. This would allow the ERO to pass through nodes that do not support
> the new subobject without having to define a new top-level object that
> will not be understood and without complicating the ERO processing
> further. Obviously, returning the fact that the new subobject was
> processed will require a new RRO subobject.

This was the feedback of the last Meeting, we agree on this mechanism and
it will be included in the next revision (pre or post WG adoption, this was BTW in -00).
We will take into account the feedback of the processing in the RRO.

> I do not much care whether this change is made before or after adoption
> as a WG draft, but I do believe it should be discussed at some point,
> and my current view is that the change should be made at some point.
>
> I think adoption probably hinges on whether the WG believes that there
> is a need to target commands at specific nodes on the LSP.

Thanks a lot for your input.